Friday 24 August 2012

Happy Noro Socks

Here in Croatia is so awfully hot, 35+ Celsius in the shade, but I'm not giving up on knitting, hoping that the autumn will start soon and that the winter will come eventually. I'm working on a warm sweater and I made myself this socks from the fancy and pretty expensive Noro yarn. I've heard about this yarn and decided to try it out myself, to find out what's so special about it. Well, colors are really beautiful and so cheerful. And although not so fluffy under the fingers, socks feel very nice on the skin (but I'm from those people who like feel of the pure wool on the skin). One disadvantage is that, while knitting, a thread tends to tangle, and that was a bit annoying. Also, I wonder how they'll stood the test of time-washing and wearing. I'm not too happy about the fact that they are not washable in the washing machine, but one must suffer to be beautiful :).

No comments: